The University of Toronto (U of T) community has access to a variety of resources and educational materials on the topic of cyber security. Staff, faculty and students are encouraged to use these resources to help spread awareness and educate themselves on cyber security best practices for their workspace (at home or in the office), classroom or academic space.
Interested parties can access this collection of digital materials on the Security Matters Resource page to download quick facts, tip sheets, PowerPoint templates and other shareable, printable materials. Included in this collection are Cyber Security Awareness Month (CSAM) 2020 resources from U of T and the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services.
The growing resource collection covers fundamental cyber security best practices such as:
- Best practices for keeping your devices secure
- Safe account and password management
- Phishing and identity theft awareness
- Managing your digital footprint
- Setting up your social media privacy settings
- Maintaining a secure digital and physical workspace
- Securing your data while travelling
Browse through the defined sections in the navigation tab for specific resources:
For more information on how you can incorporate these resources into your personal and work life, find us at securitymatters.utoronto.ca.