Every year, University of Toronto hosts a tri-campus community Cyber Security Month campaign to raise awareness and educate staff, faculty and students about how to keep themselves secure in the digital space.
This page contains 2022 campaign related blog posts, tips, digital assets and additional resources about online safety.
Articles and blog posts
- Ransomware: An online menace
- Data classification: Using a risk-based approach for data protection
- University of Toronto’s new Information Security Standard
- What you need to know about dealing with information security incidents
- Enable multi-factor authentication to stay secure
- Four online safety tips for students going back to school
Digital assets for internal partners
Digital media assets including social media graphics and virtual backgrounds for Cyber Security Month are available to partners and communicators within the U of T community via SharePoint.
This year, the government of Ontario’s Cyber Month campaign theme is Cyber Galaxy Defenders: Managing Digital Risks. The campaign focuses on examining how employees and organizations can defend themselves against cyber attacks in the modern digital age.
- Government of Canada Cyber Month 2022 campaign
- Federal campaign champion toolkit
- Social media safety
- Secure your accounts
- Secure your devices
For more cyber security resources, visit the Get Cyber Safe website.